Cbeyond has announced general availability of its TotalCloud Phone System in the United States. Designed specifically for single or multi-location businesses, the service prioritizes and routes voice traffic over Cbeyond's private IP network to a secure data center. General availability follows a controlled introduction of the TotalCloud Phone System in July 2012.
IN PICTURES: 16 most anticipated tech products of 2013
As with other hosted solutions, the phone system reduces or eliminates initial equipment expenditures and the ongoing labor and support costs associated with traditional, on-premise phone system. The service features include:
- Mobile phone integration, call filtering, online feature management and click-to-dial using Microsoft Outlook
- The ability to share data and voice applications across multiple business locations and with employees working remotely
- Flexible capacity scale up or down according to business needs
- Geographically redundant data center support, leveraging Broadsoft technology
- Managed Quality of Service (QoS) prioritized voice traffic across Cbeyond's managed network
Commenting in a statement, Tim Myers, vice president of cloud engineering at Cbeyond, said, "Businesses require high-quality phone technology capable of growing with them while delivering low maintenance costs. TotalCloud Phone System provides the right combination of service, support, advanced technologies and cost-efficient deployment to make that happen."
Cbeyond offers a private, proactively managed IP network connecting customers to voice, data and enterprise applications hosted in the company's data centers. The company's latest product adds to other VoIP services, including Cbeyond's SIPconnect offer, a SIP trunking service first offered over its managed IP network in January 2005. The Atlanta-based company serves approximately 60,000 customers. In November 2012, the company received the Frost and Sullivan 2012 North American VoIP Access and SIP Trunking Services Competitive Strategy Leadership Award.