IT pros revel in the fast pace, challenging work and prevailing can-do spirit at the No. 39-ranked company on our 2013 Best Places to Work in IT list.
The IT work at Jack Henry & Associates keeps Sean Burch, a systems and network administrator, on his toes. "A typical day for me involves interaction with multiple teams to plan and implement solutions that will keep Jack Henry's customers running at full steam," he says.
IT employees enjoy both the challenges and the camaraderie at Jack Henry.Credit: Jack Henry & Associates.
The Monett, Mo.-based IT services provider is a high-energy workplace, he says, and that energy is complemented by a positive attitude in the IT department. "From structured meetings to impromptu collaborations, I constantly have the chance to work with outstanding individuals that are always thinking about how we can improve our services, infrastructure and products," he adds.
Scott Whisman, who as general manager of corporate services is the senior IT person, says his 300-member IT department follows the company's guiding principle: "Do the right thing, do whatever it takes, and have fun."
"JHA is genuinely concerned for our people, and we are committed to making them successful," he says. "We expect a lot from our folks, and the workloads are heavy. However, when you're working for a company that fully supports your efforts and highly values your contributions, it makes the job very enjoyable."
More on the 100 Best Places to Work in IT
- View the full 2013 special report
- View and sort the top 100 employers
- In the No. 1 spot: Quicken Loans
- Slideshow: A tour of Quicken Loans
- Employer scorecard: Tops for training, benefits, more
- Employee scorecard: 27,000 IT workers have their say
- Search and sort 20 years of Best Places honorees
- Opinion: When staffers share successes, everyone wins
- Opinion: How to pluck top talent from a sea of candidates
- How we chose the Best Places
- Tell us about the worst place to work!
Read more about it careers in Computerworld's IT Careers Topic Center.
This story, "Best Places spotlight: Jack Henry offers a high-energy workplace" was originally published by Computerworld.