Mobile applications developers, data warehouse analysts, and user experience designers are among the IT pros that tech recruiters say will be in strong demand in 2012.
Specifically, Robert Half Technology identified seven jobs with a high potential for growth. Here's how the staffing firm describes these seven jobs and how much it expects companies to pay to fill these positions in 2012.
Mobile applications developer
- Responsibilities: Codes, tests, debugs, documents and monitors mobile applications; interacts with different departments regarding new deployments; and recommends changes and enhancements to applications.
- 2012 salary range: $85,000 to $122,500
- Salary increase: 9.1%
Data warehouse analyst
- Responsibilities: Collects, analyzes, mines and leverages data stored in data warehouses; researches and recommends technology solutions related to data storage, reporting and importing; and works with business analysts to translate data requirements into logical data models.
- 2012 salary range: $88,000 and $119,000
- Salary increase: 6.7%
User experience (UX) designer
- Responsibilities: Designs innovative and impactful online experiences for customers; and balances technical functionality and visual elements of a website.
- 2012 salary range: $71,750 to $104,000
- Salary increase: 6.2%
Data security analyst
- Responsibilities: Performs security audits, risk assessments and analysis; makes recommendations for enhancing data systems security; and researches attempted breaches of data security and rectifies security weaknesses.
- 2012 salary range: $89,000 and $121,500
- Salary increase: 6%
- Responsibilities: Analyzes website traffic and provides strategies for improvement; develops SEO (search engine optimization) website assessments and recommendations, and translates them into technical requirements; and provides SEO guidance in technical areas such as server infrastructure, website structure and page construction.
- 2012 salary range: $63,750 to $87,500
- Salary increase: 6%
- Responsibilities: Engineers enterprise data, voice and video networks; establishes and operates network test facilities; and maintains a secure transfer of data to multiple locations via internal and external networks.
- 2012 salary range: $75,000 to $107,750
- Salary increase: 5.8 %
- Responsibilities: Gathers business requirements and develops specifications for web-based applications; provides technical assistance to web administrators; and integrates websites with back-end systems such as databases.
- 2012 salary range: $61,250 and $99,250
- Salary increase: 5.4%
Ann Bednarz covers IT careers, outsourcing and Internet culture for Network World. Follow Ann on Twitter at @annbednarz and check out her blog, Occupational Hazards. Her e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.