You can see what he means in the picture. I thought the v2 part was a nice touch.
An SEO guy and Internet marketer who previously worked as a product manager for Microsoft, Fifield is only the latest in a long line of merry pranksters who have used the SSID naming process as an opportunity to punk the neighbors. Perhaps you'll recall this post about FBI Van 1.
But I asked Fifield if he had any concerns that a neighbor might not get the gag and he could wind up getting a knock on the door from the authorities.
"Nope. I'd love that actually, I live on the edge. ;) "
I told him he's a madman.
Welcome regulars and passersby. Here are a few more recent buzzblog items. And, if you’d like to receive Buzzblog via e-mail newsletter, here’s where to sign up. You can follow me on Twitter here and on Google+ here.
- Developer cooks up 30-day “Butter Egg Challenge”
- Firewall fail: A tale both funny and sad.
- Fridge magnet makes ordering pizza easy as pie.
- Holdouts explain why they aren’t buying an iPad.
- Techies are spending a lot of time on PCs in our post-PC world.
- If the “ridiculous” Dow had chosen Apple instead of Cisco.
- No, Wikipedia has not forgiven GoDaddy for backing SOPA.
- Another survey that shows vendors think you’re stupid.
- Dying Jobs kept letter from Gates at his bedside.
- Who’s flying drones in U.S.? … FAA won’t say.
- Steve Jobs and his gadgets … in LEGO.