Someone will have to break the news to Justin Bieber that his Baby video is now the No. 2 all-time most-viewed video on YouTube, having just been surpassed by, yes, Psy’s insufferably inane Gangnam Style. The latter has been watched on YouTube 805 million times as of this morning.
If you’ve never and want to:
The crowning of a new YouTube champ prompted this discussion here a moment ago with my 11-year-old daughter, Emma.
Dad: “Emma, how many times would you say you’ve watched Gangnam Style?”
Emma: “I don’t know, maybe 50?”
She did her part.
As for me, I did try watching it once but gave up after about a minute. Nevertheless, I’ve heard Gangnam Style, I don’t know, maybe 50 times.
Welcome regulars and passersby. Here are a few more recent buzzblog items. And, if you’d like to receive Buzzblog via e-mail newsletter, here’s where to sign up. You can follow me on Twitter here and on Google+ here.
- John McAfee’s blog admin explains his ‘accidental’ role.
- Cisco VP to memo leaker: Finding you is “now my hobby.”
- 30 years later: Imagine the Harvard-Yale balloon prank today.
- Magician Teller among many fooled by software dirty trick.
- And company’s apology doesn’t help much.
- Facebook crowd adds insult to Romney’s injury.
- Microsoft DRM tech will take a head count, check IDs.
- So this guy’s car breaks down in front of Steve Jobs’ driveway.
- Watch a 500-pound server rack dropped off an 18-story building.
- Microsoft apologizes for phrase “big boobs” in Linux code
- 2012’s 25 Geekiest 25th Anniversaries.