As I type, Bill Gates is conducting an "Ask Me Anything" session with the Reddit community, where interview subjects - not all of whom are famous or identified by name -- are routinely required to provide forum moderators with proof that they are indeed who they claim to be. This is the picture Gates provided ... and it's priceless:
I'm going to guess that the Reddit alien figure in the background was placed there by the photographer.
(Update: The top-rated Redditor comment is also priceless: "It looks like you're answering an AMA? Would you like help?")
(Update 2: My Network World colleague Brandon Butler reports here on what Gates actually had to say.)
Welcome regulars and passersby. Here are a few more recent buzzblog items. And, if you’d like to receive Buzzblog via e-mail newsletter, here’s where to sign up. You can follow me on Twitter here and on Google+ here.
- Press, bloggers fall for iPhone cup holder ‘joke’
- ‘iPhone cup holder’ no sillier than ‘Team Duct Tape’ jacket.
- You can lead an anchorman to Twitter, but you can’t make him tweet.
- Unlucky Vegas guy besieged by lost-phone seekers.
- Why entrepreneurs innovate better than managers.
- For the first time, a small data breach draws a big fine ($50K).
- Video about ESD painfully funny.
- There’s a reason Amazon’s apologies all sound the same.
- 2013 is the first year since 1987 to …
- Why did BlackBerry blacklist Winnie-the-Pooh gang?
- Cisco VP to memo leaker: Finding you is “now my hobby.”