Juxtaposed on Techmeme, the two headlines crystalize perfectly my personal disinterest in Google Glass.
On Forbes: "No One Is More Excited For Google Glass Than Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg."
On TechCrunch: "Google Glass Targeting End Of 2013 Consumer Release, With Price Tag Under $1,500."
Of course Mark Zuckerberg is excited; he can afford to be excited.
In my world, with my bills, on my budget, $1,500 for a plaything like Google Glass might as well be $15,000 or $15 million.
Maybe Zuck will let me borrow his.
Welcome regulars and passersby. Here are a few more recent buzzblog items. And, if you’d like to receive Buzzblog via e-mail newsletter, here’s where to sign up. You can follow me on Twitter here and on Google+ here.
- Will entering your ATM PIN in reverse summon the police?
- EFF urges court: Stop porn-copyright ‘shakedowns’
- Nothing funny about how The Onion got hacked.
- Steve Jobs ordered Apple ads off Fox News.
- Florida’s identity-theft rate 3 times that of Calif., N.Y. and Mich.
- IT pro has a hair-raising hobby.
- Shopzilla sends a bottle to say sorry about trademark whine.
- Ever done the Laptop Drive of Shame?
- How that “extra 9” could ward off a Zombie Apocalypse
- Yahoo buys teen’s startup for $30M, hires him … and WHAT?
- 2013’s 25 Geekiest 25th Anniversaries
- Why business cards still beat “the bump.”
- How Indiana tried to redefine pi.