From a gruesome story in the Chicago Tribune
A 56-year-old Palatine man was crushed to death by a trash compactor as he searched for his missing cell phone, authorities said.
The Cook County medical examiner's office found that Roger Mirro, of the 200 block of South Clubhouse Drive in Palatine, died of multiple crushing injuries from being trapped inside a trash compactor on Tuesday. Mirro's death was ruled an accident, according to the medical examiner's office.
Mirro told a neighbor he suspected he had somehow dropped the phone down his trash chute.
The don't risk it advice extends to laptops, too.
Welcome regulars and passersby. Here are a few more recent buzzblog items. And, if you’d like to receive Buzzblog via e-mail newsletter, here’s where to sign up. You can follow me on Twitter here and on Google+ here.
- Did you know Google could do this? I didn’t.
- Geek-Themed Meme of the Week: Family Guy Edition
- “This is a 3D printed jet engine”
- John Malkovich makes Redditor a voicemail greeting.
- Minecraft in Latin? … Perhaps now the pope will play.
- Geek-themed Meme of the Week: No. 5.
- State finds grocery store pricing 100% accurate?
- 1776 “iPhone Liberation Kits” go faster than Paul Revere’s horse.
- Creator of hashtag explains why he didn’t patent it.
- AG wants to autocomplete war on drugs.
- Nothing says narcissist like wearing Google Glass on a date.
- Will entering your ATM PIN in reverse summon the police?
- 2013’s 25 Geekiest 25th Anniversaries