Turns out we were right, as The Hollywood Reporter says the Fox sitcom "Us & Them" has added former BuzzFeed writer Jack Moore to its writing staff based at least in part on Moore's contributions to the Seinfeld Twitter account.
Moore tells The Hollywood Reporter that the Twitter account was "uniquely positioned" to help him. "I was basically pitching storylines, which is a huge part of being on a writing staff. Here's 400 [of them] that illustrated a skill set."
The premise of Modern Seinfeld is simple: What if the TV sitcom Seinfeld had never gone off the air? Hilarity ensues.
When I wrote about Modern Seinfeld last December it was less than a day old and had already attracted 28,000 followers. Today it has 619,000.
And has landed one writer one job.
Welcome regulars and passersby. Here are a few more recent buzzblog items. And, if you’d like to receive Buzzblog via e-mail newsletter, here’s where to sign up. You can follow me on Twitter here and on Google+ here.
- Did you know Google could do this? I didn’t.
- Geek-Themed Meme of the Week: Family Guy Edition
- Chambers, Benioff meet "In the way guy."
- “This is a 3D printed jet engine”
- John Malkovich makes Redditor a voicemail greeting.
- Minecraft in Latin? … Perhaps now the pope will play.
- Geek-themed Meme of the Week: No. 5.
- State finds grocery store pricing 100% accurate?
- 1776 “iPhone Liberation Kits” go faster than Paul Revere’s horse.
- Creator of hashtag explains why he didn’t patent it.
- AG wants to autocomplete war on drugs.
- Nothing says narcissist like wearing Google Glass on a date.
- Will entering your ATM PIN in reverse summon the police?
- 2013’s 25 Geekiest 25th Anniversaries