As with so many memes these days, "In the way guy" was born on Reddit. A Disney World staffer posted a picture of ITWG ruining the staffer's attempt to photograph a man on bended knee proposing to his girlfriend. That pic spawned imitators featuring just about every famous photo you can name.
And a couple of high-profile tech industry leaders, as well.
First up we have John Chambers and "In the way guy" as tweeted from the Cisco Channels Twitter account a few hours ago:
And then there's Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff as depicted by the Ring Lead Blog:
Seen other tech-related versions? Link in comments or send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome regulars and passersby. Here are a few more recent buzzblog items. And, if you’d like to receive Buzzblog via e-mail newsletter, here’s where to sign up. You can follow me on Twitter here and on Google+ here.
- Did you know Google could do this? I didn’t.
- Yelp review liable to have libeled landlord.
- Geek-Themed Meme of the Week: Family Guy Edition
- “This is a 3D printed jet engine”
- John Malkovich makes Redditor a voicemail greeting.
- Minecraft in Latin? … Perhaps now the pope will play.
- Geek-themed Meme of the Week: No. 5.
- State finds grocery store pricing 100% accurate?
- 1776 “iPhone Liberation Kits” go faster than Paul Revere’s horse.
- Creator of hashtag explains why he didn’t patent it.
- AG wants to autocomplete war on drugs.
- Nothing says narcissist like wearing Google Glass on a date.
- Will entering your ATM PIN in reverse summon the police?
- 2013’s 25 Geekiest 25th Anniversaries