As a regular user of Yahoo! Fantasy Sports, I would like to thank the company's developers for their diligence and foresight as displayed in their most recent software release, version 5.3.1.
Oh, sure, they could have procrastinated until the very last minute, which - according to this handy countdown clock - won't be for a spell yet.
But those of us who lived through the trauma of the late 1990s know you can never be too careful.
(Update: Speaking of what we went through in the late '90s, digging through some of what I wrote about Y2K in 1999 was a bit of an eye-opener, not so much because of the content of the stories but rather the look of our site. The word primitive comes to mind ... but we were Y2K compliant.)
Welcome regulars and passersby. Here are a few more recent buzzblog items. And, if you’d like to receive Buzzblog via e-mail newsletter, here’s where to sign up. You can follow me on Twitter here and on Google+ here.
- Remarkable reunion made possible by Google Earth.
- Stay skeptical, my friends.
- New York Times corrects the record on Mario and Luigi.
- Judge orders patent troll to explain ‘Mr. Sham’ to jury
- Cisco can’t shield its customers from patent suits: court.
- “A man wearing an iMac on his head.”
- There are tragedies and then there are sunset photos.
- Verizon worker grateful 911 operator could hear him now.
- Did you know Google could do this? I didn’t.
- Fake Seinfeld Twitter account leads to real sitcom job.
- “This is a 3D printed jet engine”
- State finds grocery store pricing 100% accurate?