No. 24 in our Geek-Themed Meme of the Week series features Overly Attached Girlfriend openly acknowledging her intention to circumvent the fingerprint scanner on her boyfriend's new iPhone 5s. As the owner of a new iPhone 5s myself, I am less concerned about such unlikely shenanigans than I am the fact that the scanner fails to recognize my real print roughly half the time.
Want more? Check out the "Geek-themed Meme of the Week Archive":
And if you'd like me to consider one that you've found - or created - please feel free to send it to me at email@example.com.
Welcome regulars and passersby. Here are a few more recent buzzblog items. And, if you’d like to receive Buzzblog via e-mail newsletter, here’s where to sign up. You can follow me on Twitter here and on Google+ here.
- Snowden used sys admin role to collect passwords.
- Eye-opening Morris worm turns 25.
- Prosecutor in Aaron Swartz case targeted by "swatting."
- Do Twitter's active user numbers add up?
- That was fast: Beckett out, Lester in, all is well.
- Geek-Themed Meme of the Week Archive.
- Yahoo has that Y3K problem under control.
- Did “The Most Interesting Man in the World” steal a ‘90s-era meme?
- Research buries Microsoft’s Bing-vs.-Google claims.
- New York Times corrects the record on Mario and Luigi.
- Judge orders patent troll to explain ‘Mr. Sham’ to jury
- There are tragedies and then there are sunset photos.
- Did you know Google could do this? I didn’t.
- “This is a 3D printed jet engine”
- 2013’s 25 Geekiest 25th Anniversaries