Fark is one of my favorite funny places on the Internet, both because it speaks to my fondness for wordplay in the service of even low-brow humor and because the site has been kind enough to link to a lot of my Buzzblog silliness over the years.
So I thought I'd share with you Fark's 502 Bad Gateway error page, which I've seen from time to time, including a few minutes ago:
Five Oh Two
Fark blew up trying to retrieve / ... most likely the front-end web servers are up but the back-end ones aren't. Most of the time, that's because we're simply in the middle of restarting after a software update.
Try again in about 30 seconds and things should start behaving again.
If this message persists for more than a few minutes, check our outage page to see if there are any known issues.
Everything is back to normal now ... or at least as normal as they get on Fark.
Welcome regulars and passersby. Here are a few more recent buzzblog items. And, if you’d like to receive Buzzblog via e-mail newsletter, here’s where to sign up. You can follow me on Twitter here and on Google+ here.
- Best tool for freeing candy bar from balky vending machine? Not a forklift.
- Teacher's online safety experiment takes trollish turn
- Troll sues movie distributors for distributing movies.
- How Apple and Pepsi fumbled their 2004 Super Bowl ad.
- Electric car owner charged with "stealing' 5 cents worth of electricity.
- IBM blames ISPs for "offensive" Internet content ... back in 1994.
- Snowden used sys admin role to collect passwords.
- Eye-opening Morris worm turns 25.
- Do Twitter's active user numbers add up?
- That was fast: Beckett out, Lester in, all is well.
- Geek-Themed Meme of the Week Archive.
- Yahoo has that Y3K problem under control.
- Judge orders patent troll to explain ‘Mr. Sham’ to jury
- Did you know Google could do this? I didn’t.