"We got some real bright people at my university," says the person -- perhaps an IT professional? -- who submitted this smudgograph to Reddit this morning.
There was some discussion as to whether the monitor bore the markings of touch-screen confusion or the more common inability to point without making contact. Latter seems most likely.
And the picture obviously calls to mind a recent "Geek-Themed Meme of the Week," too.
There's really no excuse.
Welcome regulars and passersby. Here are a few more recent buzzblog items. And, if you’d like to receive Buzzblog via e-mail newsletter, here’s where to sign up. You can follow me on Twitter here and on Google+ here.
- Best tool for freeing candy bar from balky vending machine? Not a forklift.
- Teacher's online safety experiment takes trollish turn
- Troll sues movie distributors for distributing movies.
- How Apple and Pepsi fumbled their 2004 Super Bowl ad.
- Electric car owner charged with "stealing' 5 cents worth of electricity.
- IBM blames ISPs for "offensive" Internet content ... back in 1994.
- Snowden used sys admin role to collect passwords.
- Eye-opening Morris worm turns 25.
- Do Twitter's active user numbers add up?
- That was fast: Beckett out, Lester in, all is well.
- Geek-Themed Meme of the Week Archive.
- Yahoo has that Y3K problem under control.
- Judge orders patent troll to explain ‘Mr. Sham’ to jury
- Did you know Google could do this? I didn’t.