Baseball fans will require no explanation to appreciate this 404 error page delivered by the newly redesigned Boston.com.
For those who don't know, the image captures what is perhaps the most famous error in baseball history, committed by Boston Red Sox first baseman Bill Buckner in Game 6 of the 1986 World Series. Get it? Error? 404 error?
Says here even Buckner will laugh.
Welcome regulars and passersby. Here are a few more recent buzzblog items. And, if you’d like to receive Buzzblog via e-mail newsletter, here’s where to sign up. You can follow me on Twitter here and on Google+ here.
- 2014's 25 Geekiest 25th Anniversaries.
- Melissa virus turns 15 ... (age of the stripper still unknown).
- Snopes working overtime to debunk Flight 370 hoaxes.
- Journalists fall for phony "Facebook for Drunks" app.
- Teacher's online safety experiment takes trollish turn
- How Apple and Pepsi fumbled their 2004 Super Bowl ad.
- Electric car owner charged with "stealing' 5 cents worth of electricity.
- IBM blames ISPs for "offensive" Internet content ... back in 1994.
- Snowden used sys admin role to collect passwords.
- Eye-opening Morris worm turns 25.
- Do Twitter's active user numbers add up?
- Geek-Themed Meme of the Week Archive.
- Judge orders patent troll to explain ‘Mr. Sham’ to jury
- Did you know Google could do this? I didn’t.