We’re happy to share our first primary research on WebRTC in a Webtorials State-of-the-Market report that examines who is already using WebRTC-- and who plans to use it in the coming year. Larry Hettick (the person pictured on the top of this blog) provided the quantitative insights and qualitative analysis based on input from IT professionals that represent various organizations around the world. WebRTC is a platform that provides web application developers the ability to write real-time multimedia applications (such as voice calls and video chat), without requiring software plug-ins, downloads or installs.
Among the report’s key findings:
- 43% of respondents are using WebRTC or plan to use it within the next 12 months
- 43% of respondents have heard of it, but have no plans to use WebRTC
- 90% of those surveyed believe WebRTC has the potential to improve contact center services
- 67% viewed WebRTC as a potential solution for external video communications
- 85% of those surveyed see WebRTC and SIP (session initiation protocol) solutions as complementary
- Near-term support for WebRTC was greatest among small businesses and larger enterprise
The report also looks at which applications will need WebRTC support, who users are counting on as partners to deploy WebRTC, and what barriers need to be addressed for WebRTC to move forward.
The Webtorials State-of-the Market Report is sponsored by Avaya, Sonus, and GENBAND, and we thank them for their support and for sharing the results with us. To read the full report, please click here.