Those crafty California lawmakers saw this one coming and now we know the real reason they are pushing for cell phones sold in that state to come equipped with a kill switch: the one pop-star crime wave that is Justin Bieber.
According to the Los Angeles Times:
Detectives were interviewing a woman who accused Justin Bieber of trying to take her cellphone in the San Fernando Valley, a Los Angeles police official said Tuesday night.
The woman said Bieber allegedly grabbed the phone because he thought she was taking pictures of him at a miniature golf course, the police official said. Bieber was not accused of keeping the phone.
Welcome regulars and passersby. Here are a few more recent buzzblog items. And, if you’d like to receive Buzzblog via e-mail newsletter, here’s where to sign up. You can follow me on Twitter here and on Google+ here.
- Don't forget how close Microsoft came to losing Novell lawsuit.
- Catching up with the guy who live-blogged bin Laden raid.
- Band releases album as Linux kernel module
- Drone crashes into woman; operator blames 'hacker'
- 2014's 25 Geekiest 25th Anniversaries.
- Melissa virus turns 15 ... (age of the stripper still unknown).
- Snopes working overtime to debunk Flight 370 hoaxes.
- Journalists fall for phony "Facebook for Drunks" app.
- Teacher's online safety experiment takes trollish turn
- How Apple and Pepsi fumbled their 2004 Super Bowl ad.
- Electric car owner charged with "stealing' 5 cents worth of electricity.
- Geek-Themed Meme of the Week Archive.
- Judge orders patent troll to explain ‘Mr. Sham’ to jury
- Did you know Google could do this? I didn’t.