Scrappy data center networking vendor - Brocade, appears to be offering networking gurus the most valuable cert on earth, the Brocade Certified Network Engineer (BCNE) at $146,250, at least according to the average salary rankings of the 2009 Certification Magazine Salary Survey. Cashing in on the big bucks further, Brocade can also lay claim to the 3rd most valuable cert - the Brocade Certified SAN Manager (BCSM) at $136,020. Amazingly, Brocade then follows thru with an even more devastating uppercut knockout punch by claiming the 4th most valuable cert too - the Brocade Certified Fabric Designer (BCFD) at $134,100. In an unprecedented carnage over the last 2 months, Cisco's worldwide CCIE R&S count has fallen by -110, which might help explain why Cisco’s Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE R&S) was only ranked 10th at $120,130. The average salary for a Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate – Enterprise Routing (JNCIA-ER) is only $95,980:
What's your take, why do you think the Brocade Certified Network Engineer BCNE is the most lucrative cert on earth?
Also, why do you think the Cisco CCIE R&S is only ranked 10th?
- Pineapple ratings get dished out to Cisco blogs that rock for 2010
- Avian Securities reiterates its negative opinion about Juniper Networks
- Riverbed expected to maintain its WAN optimization market share
- Cisco appears to have missed the newest market transition: Don't be evil
- Cyber attacks: Cisco appears to embrace China while Google fights China
- Cisco CCIE R&S count plummets -110
- Will Cisco gear become search engine toll collectors?
- Terry Eger was the Cisco executive who hired John Chambers
- How to absolutely guarantee QoS with network traffic
- John Chambers: Big is back... Cisco is the example
- Harvard Business Review: John Chambers trumps Steve Jobs in market cap change
- According to a Cisco CTO, the $43B network plans of a large Cisco customer not in best national interest of Australia
- Widespread component supply shortages may be severe enough to limit Cisco's revenue upside
- Annual revenue run rate for Cisco TelePresence is $200 million
- View the hottest new rap video: The sensational Cisco Catalyst 6509 NetFlow rap song
- Man lost $127M at casinos owned by Cisco customer, Harrah's Entertainment
- Bankers in Cisco/Tandberg deal set to divvy up $39M in fees
- Cisco statement about SSL VPN Vulnerability is awfully hard to find
- Cisco's worldwide Routing and Switching CCIE count falls by -48
- View Brad Reese on Cisco Story Archives