Stan "The EtherMan" Hubbard who's not only a Senior Analyst at Heavy Reading, but also as well Chairman of the Ethernet Expo Americas 2009 (which of course is the premier event covering the hot topic of carrier Ethernet network technologies and services in North America) delivered extremely and in my personal opinion terribly bad news to Cisco today. And what terribly bad news for Cisco may that be? Well, although Cisco CEO John Chambers (who in my personal opinion is way, way past his retirement time) pontificates to all gullible media reporters that Cisco gains market share during tough economic times, when in reality it's just not working out for Chambers (who now gets seated behind actor Matt Damon, heck, talk about disrespect for Chambers who happens to be a Time 100 Star). Whatever, get to the point you say! Okay, according to a Light Reading story today by Stan Hubbard, Cisco has gone from a Carrier Ethernet Switch/Router (CESR) market share high of 58% in 3Q07 to only a 39% market share in 2Q09. It appears the Chinese, Huawei and ZTE as well as the French, Alcatel-Lucent, are making "fried rice" out of Cisco's once leading market share in Carrier Ethernet Switches/Routers.
What's your take, why do you think Cisco's taking a beating in Carrier Ethernet Switch/Router market share?
- Should you steer clear of grey market Cisco CCIE training companies?
- What's the biggest firewall issue for enterprises?
- Are Janus Friis, Niklas Zennstrom and Mike Volpi the three stooges of tech litigation?
- Vote for the best Cisco NetFlow hip-hop video on YouTube
- Cisco retail collaboration benefits calculator
- Skype is on its way to becoming one of the most important companies in the world
- The sordid tale of Cisco's new board director Arun Sarin and disgraced Wall Street analyst Henry Blodget
- Is the new Cisco Product Quick Reference Guide destined for the New York Times Best Seller list?
- Can you see John Chambers directing Cisco to buy Alcatel-Lucent?
- F5 clobbers Cisco in application delivery controller market share
- Test Cisco NetFlow collectors and exporters with a free tool kit called Flowalyzer
- Cisco NetFlow is a must have for managing virtual applications in the cloud
- Plixer offers free tool that brings Netflow analysis to Cisco ASA firewall
- Cisco's commercial business council cochair bolts
- Cisco adds lawyers to its cost-cutting list
- Is the fair value of Nortel's metro Ethernet and 40Gig product line only $600 million?
- Former Cisco star joins Arista Networks
- Ericsson President and CEO has no fear of competing with mighty Cisco
- Wall Street Analyst: IBM is hedging its bets on Ethernet switches
- View Brad Reese on Cisco Story Archives
|Free Cisco Tools Cisco Refurbished Cisco Repair and Hardware Troubleshooting Cisco How-To Tutorials Cisco Power Supplies|