Now that the dust is settling after Cisco's $3 billion offer for videoconferencing leader Tandberg, what market will the company address with its next acquisition? After all, Cisco CEO John Chambers told reporters recently that Cisco will be very active on the M&A front over the next year...
Some analysts believe data center is ripe for a purchase. UBS two weeks ago issued a bulletin that suggests Cisco may target data center M&A activity towards storage and virtualization.
This week, just after the Tandberg offer was disclosed, UBS reiterated its expectations that Cisco will focus M&A on the data center and a couple of other key markets:
Cisco has been clear in its messaging around M&A, discussing video/collaboration, consumer, and the data center as key areas for strategic investment...We have yet to see an acquisition in the data center.
What's your bet? Where will Cisco next make a major -- $500 million or more -- acquisition?
More from Cisco Subnet:
Win great stuff from Cisco Subnet Like e-mail? Subscribe to the Cisco Alert newsletter. Cisco Subnet RSS feedFollow all Cisco Subnet bloggers on Twitter.
- Cisco Steps Up to Solve a Problem
- Cisco also backs flattening of data center networks
- CCNA Difficulties, Part VI (and last): Simlets
- Vendor Math
- Cisco-Juniper battle for carrier business continues neck-and-neck
- 10 in IPv6 Does Not Equal 10 in IPv4
- Cisco outlines LTE strategy
- HP fortifies switch lineup for battle with Cisco
Like RSS readers? Subscribe to the
Follow Jim Duffy on Twitter