We invited every major network optimization vendor to participate in this review, and ended up with seven contenders (read the story version):
1. Blue Coat Mach5 editions of the SG300-25 and SG900-10
2. Cisco Wide Area Virtualization Engine WAVE-7541, Cisco 4451-AX ISR and 2900-AX ISR.
3. Citrix Systems CloudBridge 2000
4. Exinda Networks Model 6862 and 10862 running x800-series software
5. Ipanema Technologies ip|engine 1000ax and ip|engine 20ax,
6. Riverbed Steelhead CXA-5050 and CXA-555
7. Silver Peak Systems VX-1000 and VX-5000.
Pricing reflects a configuration of branch location devices with bandwidth requirements of 4Mbps, a data center device capable of 45Mbps and at least 40,000 HTTP sessions.