With the soon to be released 2.0 software update all sort of applications will be ported to the iPhone platform. Security tools should be no exception. Here are some of the security tools that I’d like to see on the new iPhone 3G:
- PuTTY – SSH client
- netstumbler – wireless LAN detector with GPS support
- KisMAC – Passive wireless scanner and cracker wit GPS support
- Aircrack - A fast WEP/WPA cracking tool
- metasploit – the best exploit tool out there. They’ve even added new exploits to hack the iPhone!
- NMAP/Zenmap – Security scanner and exploit tool
- Wireshark – The premier free Packet Sniffer
- and of course Nessus – a comprehensive vulnerability assessment tool
The opinions and information presented here are my personal views not those of my employer.