For the past few months, I've been working with Clare Hastings of The Eventful Group, who has been faithfully transcribing a presentation I gave in Melbourne, Australia where I talked about a dozen lessons that I’ve learned about SharePoint User Adoption. The results of her efforts is a three-part blog series on the Share Conference blog.
Here’s where you can find the posts:
Part 1 covers the first four strategies:
- Remember that adoption is not the end game
- Focus on solutions that solve meaningful business problems
- Make it personal for each user
- Don’t get overwhelmed – you can prepare!
Part 2 covers strategies five through eight:
- It’s all about change, which is pretty much always painful – so I’ve got some advice about how you can minimize the pain
- Focus on making people comfortable that they will be able to get their job done – and don’t overwhelm them by trying to train them in everything about SharePoint all at once (as if that were even possible)
- Communicate, communicate, communicate!
- Make sure you have a support plan
Part 3 wraps up the series and includes:
- Don’t forget the fun stuff! (There are some strategies in here that others have successfully tried that might work in your organization.)
- Keep in touch with your users – it’s really about listening
- You’re never done – adoption is a journey, not a destination
- Share and connect with others – my favorite part about going to and speaking at conferences is the opportunity to learn what others are doing. I’ve got a lot of speaking engagements coming up this fall so please check out my website to see where we can connect and share!