Most plan to have IPv6 on networks by 2013
One of the surprises of the survey was how much movement enterprises are making with using IPv6 on their internal networks. Almost 13% report that they've already completed rolling out IPv6 on their networks. Another 25% are in process. All told, about 65% will be using IPv6 internally within 24 months. However, this leaves a fairly large percentage, about 35%, that have no network adoption plans, or won't be done for more than two years. One told us, "I'd just like to let everyone know: JUST DO IT! It was much easier than I expected. I do have to keep reminding myself, oh yeah, there's a multicast group for that in IPv6 so I don't have to set it. It's pretty sweet, actually."