Microsoft bought Minecraft a year ago today and everyone who loves the latter feared the former would ruin it because that’s how Microsoft rolls.
So how has it gone in reality? For the answer I decided to turn to one of the foremost Minecraft experts I know: my 14-year-old son, Grant.
Me: “Hey, Grant, what has happened to Minecraft since Microsoft bought it a year ago?”
Grant: “What do you mean?”
Me: “I mean has it gotten better, gotten worse or stayed about the same.”
Grant: “Stayed about the same.”
My work here is done.
Their conclusions: Stayed about the same.
(Update: And that also seems to be the general consensus today at the section of Reddit devoted to Minecraft.)
Welcome regulars and passersby. Here are a few more recent buzzblog items. And, if you’d like to receive Buzzblog via e-mail newsletter, here’s where to sign up. You can follow me on Twitter here and on Google+ here.
- "Unidentified" adapter no longer unidentified.
- Here's hoping no Amazon workers were harmed in the creation of this feature.
- Overhead projector vs. ceiling fan.
- "Someone has an issue with this rack."
- Google kicks Google+ off its homepage.
- RSA Conference bans 'booth babes'
- "What do I do if my Internet pipes freeze?"
- You broke the network. Do you confess?
- 2015's 25 Geekiest 25th Anniversaries.
- The Onion's 10 greatest gags about Google
- Geek-Themed Meme of the Week Archive.