A Redditor submitted this picture to the section of that site that is devoted to networking.
“I think this is more of a network cabling thing,” he writes. “I mean the installation isn’t that old to find something like this but ... personally speechless to find this in a modern building.” Here’s the full picture:
So what is it?
“That's 8 perfectly usable POTS lines :),” offers one not-exactly-sure forum participant. “At least, that's what makes the most sense (so that's probably not it!)”
Followed by a more confident contributor:
“No, that's probably it. Surely, good God, that's it. EDIT: Maybe eight vintage machines on token ring?”
They’ll get no argument from me.
Welcome regulars and passersby. Here are a few more recent buzzblog items. And, if you’d like to receive Buzzblog via e-mail newsletter, here’s where to sign up. You can follow me on Twitter here and on Google+ here.
- "Unidentified" adapter no longer unidentified.
- Here's hoping no Amazon workers were harmed in the creation of this feature.
- Overhead projector vs. ceiling fan.
- "Someone has an issue with this rack."
- Google kicks Google+ off its homepage.
- RSA Conference bans 'booth babes'
- "What do I do if my Internet pipes freeze?"
- You broke the network. Do you confess?
- 2015's 25 Geekiest 25th Anniversaries.
- The Onion's 10 greatest gags about Google
- Geek-Themed Meme of the Week Archive.