Did you look at the picture atop this post and say, “Oh, no, not more Donald Trump?”
Are you using an iPhone?
If you answered yes to both questions, Julio Castillo has an iOS extension for you.
Called “Trump Trump” and featured on Product Hunt, the extension -- as you may have guessed from the name -- converts your iPhone into a no-Trump zone.
Castillo, co-founder of an independent game studio called furtiv Ltd., explains on Product Hunt that “Trump Trump” was inspired by positive reaction to a similar blocker for iOS aimed at expunging anything about the Kardashians.
“After I made a Kardashian blocker for iOS, I was flooded with requests for a Trump blocker. I don't know if we are heading towards a future where we'll be able to block everything that we don't like, but here's my small contribution to dystopia.”
Castillo also recommended a discussion about such blockers on Hacker News, where not everyone sees a need or the benefits of these filters.
Personally, I believe that everyone needs to be paying close attention to Donald Trump – especially Republican primary voters – as distasteful as it might be. The man is nothing less than a danger to the future of this country and the world.
The Kardashians may be safely ignored.
Welcome regulars and passersby. Here are a few more recent buzzblog items. And, if you’d like to receive Buzzblog via e-mail newsletter, here’s where to sign up. You can follow me on Twitter here and on Google+ here.
- Thumbing through issue No. 1 of Network World.
- Why this is not the "best selfie ever."
- Apple's autocorrection of "lardass" doesn't make Kardashian the butt of a joke.
- In defense of assuming another's identity.
- For sale: The nuclear fallout bunker of your dreams.
- 2016's 25 Geekiest 25th Anniversaries.
- Networking pros slam AT&T for arming techs with iPads instead of laptops.
- Cisco Aironet APs + vinyl = awesome.
- Old-school sexting, as in circa 1969.
- "Unidentified" adapter no longer unidentified.
- Here's hoping no Amazon workers were harmed in the creation of this feature.
- Overhead projector vs. ceiling fan.
- "Someone has an issue with this rack."
- Geek-Themed Meme of the Week Archive.