Twitter was founded on March 21, 2006 and for its first 3,534 days Amazon head honcho Jeff Bezos apparently felt no need to tweet … despite having had an account for years.
And here’s the overly produced video that accompanied the tweet.
Bezos has attracted 14,200 followers, as of this writing – he’s yet to follow anyone. His first tweet caught the attention of and generated a tweak from Elon Musk, who has his own rocket venture, SpaceX.
Here's the xkcd "What If?" link explaining the difference.
I’m no rocket scientist, but it would seem Musk has a point.
Welcome regulars and passersby. Here are a few more recent buzzblog items. And, if you’d like to receive Buzzblog via e-mail newsletter, here’s where to sign up. You can follow me on Twitter here and on Google+ here.
- Thumbing through issue No. 1 of Network World.
- Why this is not the "best selfie ever."
- Apple's autocorrection of "lardass" doesn't make Kardashian the butt of a joke.
- In defense of assuming another's identity.
- For sale: The nuclear fallout bunker of your dreams.
- 2016's 25 Geekiest 25th Anniversaries.
- Networking pros slam AT&T for arming techs with iPads instead of laptops.
- Cisco Aironet APs + vinyl = awesome.
- Old-school sexting, as in circa 1969.
- "Unidentified" adapter no longer unidentified.
- Here's hoping no Amazon workers were harmed in the creation of this feature.
- Overhead projector vs. ceiling fan.
- "Someone has an issue with this rack."
- Geek-Themed Meme of the Week Archive.