OK, the unidentified wearer of the sweatshirt above is being a bit cheeky.
Louis Gray, who took and tweeted the picture writes: “Spotted on the rear of one of the dads here in Palo Alto: ‘Nice SAAS.’ Silicon Valley for you.”
The word-play is apparently something of a thing among those who know their SaaS from their elbow. I found examples on Twitter dating back to 2012.
In San Francisco:
From Boston-based 451 Marketing, showing it’s not just a Silicon Valley thing:
Sass provider Apttus:
And at a meeting of some sort:
The perfect gift for all of the cloudies in your life.
Welcome regulars and passersby. Here are a few more recent buzzblog items. And, if you’d like to receive Buzzblog via e-mail newsletter, here’s where to sign up. You can follow me on Twitter here and on Google+ here.
- Thumbing through issue No. 1 of Network World.
- Why this is not the "best selfie ever."
- Apple's autocorrection of "lardass" doesn't make Kardashian the butt of a joke.
- In defense of assuming another's identity.
- For sale: The nuclear fallout bunker of your dreams.
- 2016's 25 Geekiest 25th Anniversaries.
- Networking pros slam AT&T for arming techs with iPads instead of laptops.
- Cisco Aironet APs + vinyl = awesome.
- Old-school sexting, as in circa 1969.
- "Unidentified" adapter no longer unidentified.
- Here's hoping no Amazon workers were harmed in the creation of this feature.
- Overhead projector vs. ceiling fan.
- "Someone has an issue with this rack."
- Geek-Themed Meme of the Week Archive.