Regular readers may recall that a year or so ago I took a moment away from this blog’s typical fare to note that it was minus 8 degrees outside, also known as “pretty nippy for these parts.”
This morning, as you can see in the picture above, it’s minus 10.
And I did the math after my fingers thawed out.
Now obvious caveats: Minus 10 isn’t considered all that cold in some places. Where you live, for example, I’ve heard tell that at minus 10 water doesn’t even bother to freeze.
In Massachusetts, however, minus 10 is wicked cold, as in I’ve lived here for more than half a century and can’t recall ever being outside when the thermometer was reading double-digits below zero.
I can’t wait to see what next winter brings.
Welcome regulars and passersby. Here are a few more recent buzzblog items. And, if you’d like to receive Buzzblog via e-mail newsletter, here’s where to sign up. You can follow me on Twitter here and on Google+ here.
- Thumbing through issue No. 1 of Network World.
- Why this is not the "best selfie ever."
- Apple's autocorrection of "lardass" doesn't make Kardashian the butt of a joke.
- In defense of assuming another's identity.
- For sale: The nuclear fallout bunker of your dreams.
- 2016's 25 Geekiest 25th Anniversaries.
- Networking pros slam AT&T for arming techs with iPads instead of laptops.
- Cisco Aironet APs + vinyl = awesome.
- Old-school sexting, as in circa 1969.
- "Unidentified" adapter no longer unidentified.
- Here's hoping no Amazon workers were harmed in the creation of this feature.
- Overhead projector vs. ceiling fan.
- "Someone has an issue with this rack."
- Geek-Themed Meme of the Week Archive.