Looks goofy doesn’t seem to be an issue with virtual reality, as we saw again last week with the starring role played by Samsung Gear VR at Mobile World Congress in Spain.
Sure, the Glass/VR comparison is apples vs. oranges for a variety of reasons, but there’s still no getting around the fact that the folks above look goofy. They’re obviously having a blast, but they look like they’re hurtling down a roller-coaster with their eyes covered in gadgetry, and that is nobody’s best look.
PCWorld reporter Oscar Raymundo expresses a similar sentiment and urges Apple to do something about it in this video.
Goofy is in the eye of the beholder, of course.
Welcome regulars and passersby. Here are a few more recent buzzblog items. And, if you’d like to receive Buzzblog via e-mail newsletter, here’s where to sign up. You can follow me on Twitter here and on Google+ here.
- Thumbing through issue No. 1 of Network World.
- Why this is not the "best selfie ever."
- Apple's autocorrection of "lardass" doesn't make Kardashian the butt of a joke.
- In defense of assuming another's identity.
- For sale: The nuclear fallout bunker of your dreams.
- 2016's 25 Geekiest 25th Anniversaries.
- Networking pros slam AT&T for arming techs with iPads instead of laptops.
- Cisco Aironet APs + vinyl = awesome.
- Old-school sexting, as in circa 1969.
- "Unidentified" adapter no longer unidentified.
- Here's hoping no Amazon workers were harmed in the creation of this feature.
- Overhead projector vs. ceiling fan.
- "Someone has an issue with this rack."
- Geek-Themed Meme of the Week Archive.