“It’s time to take a stand,” says Redditor Grnslv, posting at r/iiiiiiitttttttttttt, “a subreddit dedicated specifically for Information Technology rage!”
The stand in this case: opposition to compensation measured in calories. His screen capture explains:
Not everyone participating in the ensuing discussion was a hardliner.
Offered one: "We can absolutely discuss my fee over food, especially since you're buying!"
And another: “I mean, if by ‘food’ you mean a couple fresh NY strip steaks and a bottle of expensive bourbon, then we can talk.”
They say everyone has a price.
Welcome regulars and passersby. Here are a few more recent buzzblog items. And, if you’d like to receive Buzzblog via e-mail newsletter, here’s where to sign up. You can follow me on Twitter here and on Google+ here.
- For sale: The nuclear fallout bunker of your dreams.
- Weasel pops Large Hadron Collider.
- Why this is not the "best selfie ever."
- Apple's autocorrection of "lardass" doesn't make Kardashian the butt of a joke.
- In defense of assuming another's identity.
- 2016's 25 Geekiest 25th Anniversaries.
- Networking pros slam AT&T for arming techs with iPads instead of laptops.
- Cisco Aironet APs + vinyl = awesome.
- Old-school sexting, as in circa 1969.
- Here's hoping no Amazon workers were harmed in the creation of this feature.
- Overhead projector vs. ceiling fan.
- "Someone has an issue with this rack."
- Geek-Themed Meme of the Week Archive.