In a five-minute rant from a man famous for five-word answers, New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick this morning tore apart and then swore off using the Microsoft Surface tablets that are provided to teams by the National Football League.
“As you probably noticed, I’m done with the tablets,” Belichick told reporters. “They’re just too undependable for me. I’m going to stick with (paper) pictures, which several of our other coaches do, as well, because there just isn’t enough consistency in the performance of the tablets. I just can’t take it anymore. …”
It was only two weeks ago that Belichick threw one of the tablets in frustration on the sideline during a loss to the Buffalo Bills.
He is by no means the only NFLer to let a Surface fly, as Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers has been there, too.
The heart of Belichick’s rant involved more than just his issues with the Microsoft tablet, as he also skewered the reliability of NFL-provided communications equipment. You can read a transcript of the diatribe at the Twitter account of Zach Cox, a reporter for New England Sports Network.
I have asked Microsoft to comment on Belichick’s critique.
Welcome regulars and passersby. Here are a few more recent buzzblog items. And, if you’d like to receive Buzzblog via e-mail newsletter, here’s where to sign up. You can follow me on Twitter here and on Google+ here.
- IRS does not accept payment in iTunes cards.
- Amazon's amazingly wasteful packaging.
- For sale: The nuclear fallout bunker of your dreams.
- Weasel pops Large Hadron Collider.
- Why this is not the "best selfie ever."
- Apple's autocorrection of "lardass" doesn't make Kardashian the butt of a joke.
- In defense of assuming another's identity.
- 2016's 25 Geekiest 25th Anniversaries.
- Networking pros slam AT&T for arming techs with iPads instead of laptops.
- Cisco Aironet APs + vinyl = awesome.
- Old-school sexting, as in circa 1969.
- Overhead projector vs. ceiling fan.
- Geek-Themed Meme of the Week Archive.