- 18 Hot IT Certifications for 2014
- CIOs Opting for IT Contractors Over Hiring Full-Time Staff
- 12 Best Free iOS 7 Holiday Shopping Apps
- For CMOs Big Data Can Lead to Big Profits
Page 4 of 4
"We hope to have better sales forecasting," Keefe added.
8. Measure IT system configuration compliance.
Cybersecurity expert Alan Paller has one simple suggestion for IT professionals who want to improve their organization's network security in 2013: Measure whether your IT systems are configured correctly. Paller, who is the director of research for the SANS Institute, recommends that companies use a tool such as Microsoft's System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) to determine whether corporate systems are configured correctly, properly patched and using the most recent versions of operating system software. "If you can get people to measure configuration compliance, they will be shocked by what they find," Paller says. "You've got to measure it in order to fix it....Measurement is the way to get things done."
Read more about wireless & mobile in Network World's Wireless & Mobile section.