- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
Page 5 of 6
This read-only workload simulated a data caching system. The data was stored outside the system, while the application was only reading it. Thanks to B-tree indexes, sharded MySQL became the winner in this competition.
* Workload E: Scanning short ranges. Settings for the workload:
1) Read/update/insert ratio: 95/0/5
2) Latest request distribution
3) Max scan length: 100 records
4) Scan length distribution: uniform
HBase performed better than Cassandra in range scans. HBase scanning is a form of hierarchical fast merge-sort operation performed by HRegionScanner. It merges the results received from HStoreScanners (one per family), which, in their turn, merge the results received from HStoreFileScanners (one for each file in the family). If caching is turned on, the server will simply provide the number of specified records instead of bouncing back to the HRegionServer to process every record.
Cassandra's scan performance with a random partitioner has improved considerably compared to Version 0.6, where this feature was initially introduced.