- 18 Hot IT Certifications for 2014
- CIOs Opting for IT Contractors Over Hiring Full-Time Staff
- 12 Best Free iOS 7 Holiday Shopping Apps
- For CMOs Big Data Can Lead to Big Profits
VoIP, unified messaging, products and services
Network World - Avaya has announced a suite of new and enhanced products and services based on Avaya Aura that are designed to improve real-time, multi-media communications. The new capabilities in Avaya's suite of contact center and unified communications (UC) applications improve customer service and employee collaboration for mid- to large-sized businesses while lowering the total cost of ownership, according to the company.
The Avaya Aura Contact Center is "central to the new offerings" with a multimedia work assignment application targeting midsize contact centers designed to connects customers and their information to the right agent using voice, video, e-mail or chat; the solution complements Avaya Aura Call Center Elite, serving as a multimedia extension. The solution also provides collaborative sessions so the customer, agent and expert can share information and increase first-contact resolution -- Avaya estimates this approach can improve customer satisfaction by up to 50%.
* Aura Workforce Optimization (WFO), Avaya's first integrated offer in workforce optimization built to help companies make more informed decisions about customer service.
* Avaya Proactive Outreach Manager, designed for customer self-service with multimedia interactions on a single platform.
* Aura Call Center Elite 6.0, a new version of Avaya's call routing software for large enterprise offering greater capacity along with adaptive, predictive routing capabilities.
* Aura Conferencing, a Standard Edition to provide audio, video and Web conferencing features on a single server; and an Enterprise Edition (available later this year) to expand capacity and add features such as internal operator assistance and emergency blast dialing. Both editions integrate with UC applications from Avaya, Microsoft, IBM and Adobe.
* Aura Messaging, a Linux-based solution designed to help Octel users more easily migrate to the new platform.
* Aura Presence Services, which offer native instant messaging with federated presence for IBM Lotus Sametime, and IM and Presence across Microsoft, IBM, Avaya one-X Communicator, Avaya one-X Agent and Avaya 9600 SIP phones.
* The Avaya Aura Session Manager Release 6.0 now scales to over 100,000 users, including 50,000 SIP phones and video-capable endpoints.
* The Aura Communication Manager 6.0 supports mixed H.323/TDM endpoints to SIP environments or function as a full SIP-based voice and video feature server.
* A new release of Avaya Communication Server 1000 (CS1000), adding support for the IPv6 protocol and enhancements to SIP support and connectivity.
The wide range of new and enhanced products and applications announced are supported by Avaya Advisory Services.
Read more about voip & convergence in Network World's VoIP & Convergence section.
Steve Taylor is president of Distributed Networking Associates and publisher/editor-in-chief of Webtorials. Larry Hettick, an independent analyst and consultant, is a 30-year industry veteran. He has covered VoIP and UC at Network World for 12 years.