- Google I/O 2013's Coolest Products and Services
- 10 Star Trek Technologies That are Almost Here
- 19 Generations of Computer Programmers
- 25 Must-Have Technologies for SMBs
VoIP, unified messaging, products and services
Following on the heels of our last newsletter covering AT&T's solutions for BYOD (bring your own device), today we take note of a recent announcement by Sprint also touting "BYOD Management." In a separate release, Sprint also announced it is providing cloud-enabled Microsoft Office 365 for small to mid-sized businesses (SMB), along with "Productivity Suites" which offers ongoing IT support.
Sprint's BYOD program offers features such as defining and enforcing compliance of BYOD policies within the workforce, corporate data security management capabilities, management reports and analysis to keep track or mobile devices. Sprint BYOD Management is the latest addition to Sprint Professional Mobility Services.
In other news from Sprint, the company has added Microsoft 365 to its cloud-based collaboration services portfolio. Sprint's Office 365 plans include:
• Office 365 Professional, which includes access to Exchange, SharePoint, Lync Online, and Office Web applications.
• Office 365 Enterprise, which adds Active Directory synchronization, archiving capabilities and IT policy management.
• Office 365 Enterprise Plus, adding a subscription to Office Professional Plus 2010 desktop for up to five devices, and unlimited storage for email and archiving.
Sprint's "Productivity Suites" are designed to build on the features of Office 365 by adding extended technical support through IT Helpdesk. The Productivity Suite adds IT Helpdesk to the Office 365 Professional plan, offering unlimited 24/7 remote and onsite technical support.
Commenting in a statement, John Dupree, senior vice president of business sales at Sprint said, "With Sprint's focus on expanding our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) portfolio, our productivity suites were designed to help companies boost productivity and cost savings, allowing employees to make the most of cloud-based collaboration and communication tools with seamless mobile integration for anytime, virtually anywhere access from nearly any device."
Read more about voip & convergence in Network World's VoIP & Convergence section.