- Google I/O 2013's Coolest Products and Services
- 10 Star Trek Technologies That are Almost Here
- 19 Generations of Computer Programmers
- 25 Must-Have Technologies for SMBs
VoIP, unified messaging, products and services
Network World - Following on the heels of its support for a virtual environment, Avaya also announced enhancements to its video collaboration solutions, designed to improve simplicity for the mobile SME and enterprise user. The new and expanded capabilities include features affecting mobile consumer devices, desktop and room-based systems -- building on Avaya's acquisition of Radvision in June.
Among Avaya's video portfolio upgrades and enhancements:
• Avaya Aura Conferencing with Avaya Flare Experience 1.1 adds video collaboration capabilities using PCs, tablets and smartphones. Avaya Aura Conferencing supports up to 7,500 concurrent sessions or up to 75,000 users. According to Avaya, this latest video collaboration solution utilizes up to 25% less bandwidth than competing alternatives.
• The Scopia XT5000 room system now offers an embedded four- or nine-port MCU and SIP integration with Avaya IP Office, along with an optional package for SMEs and workgroups that provides both Scopia Desktop and Scopia Mobile.
• Scopia XT Executive 240 (XTE 240) is introduced as a new executive desktop videoconferencing system with an optional embedded MCU. The XTE 240 offers high-definition live video and content sharing.
• Scopia TIP Gateway now enables three-screen support for audio, video and data-sharing in a Cisco telepresence environment. The added support extends Avaya's existing ability to interoperate with other suppliers' telepresence systems including those from LifeSize, Polycom and Tandberg.
Avaya Aura Conferencing, Avaya Flare Experience and the Scopia enterprise solutions are supported by or interoperable with Avaya Aura, the company's platform for real-time collaboration.
Commenting in a statement, Brett Shockley, senior vice president and GM, Applications & Emerging Technologies at Avaya, said, "With [these] innovations ... Avaya is delivering on the promise of the real-time mobile enterprise, where organizations collaborate faster, to make smarter decisions and drive better business results."
Read more about voip & convergence in Network World's VoIP & Convergence section.