It was the second time I had called the office of my father’s primary care physician this morning. And the second time I was put on hold for longer than I would have liked. But at least I got a laugh out of hearing Mick Jagger sing a song that should never, ever be heard by anyone while they are on hold: “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction.”
So here’s the question: Someone has to decide what music is foisted upon people as they wait on hold. And that someone in this case decided “Satisfaction” would be just the ticket. Do you think he or she was oblivious to the irony?
I find that difficult to believe.
Dad’s OK, by the way. Thanks for asking.
Welcome regulars and passersby. Here are a few more recent buzzblog items. And, if you’d like to receive Buzzblog via e-mail newsletter, here’s where to sign up. You can follow me on Twitter here and on Google+ here.
- Bonnie & Clyde might have had "right to be forgotten."
- Microsoft trots out tired euphemisms for "18,000 people are losing their jobs."
- What planet does Larry Page live on?
- Microsoft baffled by fact one of its products keeps getting better
- Internet of Things spawns horde of other Internets
- An unusual spot for a switch, but they say it's 'functional.'
- In prison for selling pirated movies, he is shown pirated movies.
- Don't forget how close Microsoft came to losing Novell lawsuit.
- Catching up with the guy who live-blogged bin Laden raid.
- Band releases album as Linux kernel module
- 2014's 25 Geekiest 25th Anniversaries.
- Snopes working overtime to debunk Flight 370 hoaxes.
- Electric car owner charged with "stealing' 5 cents worth of electricity.
- Geek-Themed Meme of the Week Archive.